Friday, December 22, 2006

Room.

School holiday. Friday night. Alone in hall. I feel exceptionally lonely nowadays in hall. The empty room seems to be much bigger and more quiet than usual. Though i have already gotten used to being alone in the room, but this sense of loneliness seems to be getting stronger each day. Hall seems to be getting cold and devoid of life. Perhaps it is just because it is school vacation now. Once familiar things are now becoming foreign. Buildings don't change, but the people living inside them do. I'm rather taken by surprise how things can change in the least expected ways and the magnitude of it. The room didn't change; Subconsciously, i did. In retrospect, it looks as if others have change and i didn't. But i very well know that is not true. I do not know how much have i change, and i probably will never find out. I can't help it but sense my hall life may be coming to end sooner than i thought, although that will not happen at least till the end of next semester. For first time, the thought of quitting this room of mine and this hall all together comes into my mind. I don't hate this hall or have anything against it. I like this hall, or so i thought. I can't comprehend why i am having this thought. Somethings just go beyond comprehension. This hall gave me warmth and left me in the cold. There this lukewarm feeling that i have been experiencing when i in hall. Tell me who has changed. The hall, the room, the people or me? - the only constant is change.

No comments: