Thursday, May 05, 2005
Let's Talk About Life.
Felt a little obliged to post new blog after a few days without an entry. If you have been wondering what happen to me, well here i am. Totally bored, jobless and pennyless. Feeling void in life. Everyday is just an exact replica of the previous one. Wake up late, have "brunch", play games or surf the net, eat dinner and then sleep. I was thinking whether such lifestyle will have a detrimental effect on my health considering that i just recovered from flu not so long ago. Sometimes i wonder whether the 2 months cut in national service is actually a good thing. Can't help but to feel that serving till May was actually a better thing. At least i don't have to trouble myself to look for jobs and fill up all those days that i have nothing to do. You can probably say that is an excuse for not finding something meaningful in life to do, but i seriously feel a little lost in life. Anyway if i serve till May, i just have to enjoy and relax during my leaves and when i finish NS, i can go for my pre-university holidays in Taiwan. After coming back from the trip, i can start prepare for university. Nice plan, isn't it? However, life is full of twists and turns. Things happen just when you least expect it. "Always expect the unexpected." Although, i must admit that i was quite happy when they announce the cut and grant me freedom from army 2 months in advance, but life doesn't seem to change much after NS. Life goes on, clocks still tick and people continue to change. All those hype about ORD is there just to make us look forward to the end of our NS, where in reality nothing has change. I still live the same life as i used to, doing the same old things i always do. Life has become a routine. I wish i had more excitement in my life, hoping that each day there will be something intriguing happening. But i know things don't just happen. I have to make an effort to make it happen. However, as of now, i don't have any idea going about doing it. My life sometimes seem a little pathetic, the only consolation i get is ironically that i know some of my friends around me are facing the same problems. I ponder whether at the end of the road, i will have regrets in my life for the things that i didn't do. I'm abit losing faith in life right now. Don't worry, i'm not suicidal. I'm losing faith in what life has to offer, what's there for me to look forward to. I am living life as how others had lived before me. I'm just following other peoples' footsteps, which i totally don't want to. Anybody out there care to give some guidance? I'm opened to suggestions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, ain't we all finding some meaning in our lives? For a start, learn something new! Pursue a hobby and you will find out there will be a lot to dive into. Like you said, it's really up to you... how you want to make your life, so step out of the zone!
Dun worry too much abt life lah, sometimes u juz let things take it's cause, time will reveal to you everything. However remember what u do today will determine what will happen 5yrs down the road. Maybe life is finding out the meaning of life itself,dun u think so?
Post a Comment